Frequently Asked Questions
At Wellingtons we understand that choosing a nursery is an important decision. In order to help you make the correct decision for your child we have prepare some frequently asked questions. However, you may well have more specific questions which you are very welcome to ask us directly. Our contact information is detailed on our contact page.
This will vary depending on the age of your child, however will typically involve:
Breakfast / Child’s Choice of Activity
- are welcomed in to nursery and are offered a choice of cereals for breakfast up till 9am. Our children are then able to choose an activity before circle time begins.
- Our children sit with their keyperson for circle time, this is an opportunity for children to share their events from home and their current interests. Children take part in activities such as looking at the weather, days of the week, counting, phonics, stories, games and small group games. Our visual time table is shared, and children can find out what activities are available for the day.
- Our Practitioners plan activities ‘in the moment’ each day covering all areas of the EYFS curriculum, activities are planned to meet the individual needs of our children.
Snacks and Meals
- All children receive a morning snack (around 10am), hot lunch (around midday), afternoon snack (around 2pm) and afternoon tea (around 4pm) as well as cold drinks throughout the day. We are part of the Nursery Milk Scheme providing a ¼ pint of fresh milk to each child each day that they can enjoy with their snacks.
- Our popular ‘Lunch Club’ is available for funded children who wish to stay for lunch, or have lunch in advance of their afternoon session.
Naps and Quiet Time
- A sleep area is provided to any child that wishes to rest or sleep while at nursery. We have cots available in our baby room for our younger children. After lunch our children are encouraged to have a 5-10 minute quite time, either looking at a book or listening to relaxing music.
- Children are able to access the outdoor environment every day, all of our sites have covered outdoor areas as well as open spaces, with the opportunity to improve gross motor skills on the play equipment or investigate the wildlife in the forest (Pavilion)!
Trips and Activities
- Our children have the opportunity to have trips out of the nursery these include bus rides to the park, walks to the shops to buy stamps, weekly visits to the local residential care home and to the local soft play centre.
- We often invite parents and carers to share events with us in nursery (Macmillan bake sale, grandparent’s day etc)
- The children also get so much from families who can spend time talking about their culture, jobs, special interests or just share a favourite story – please speak to a member of staff if you are able to help.
Twice a year we have a photographer that comes in to take pictures for parents to purchase.
Our sessions include;
- All meals* and snacks
- Formula milk
- Nappies, wipes and creams
- Trips and activities
- Access to our fantastic speech and language champion, who works at all nurseries
- Access to Parentzone, an excellent online resource giving you insight into your child’s day including photos and observations!
- Sun hats and sun cream
- Wellies for wet play (of course!)
*Please note that WCC funding does not include any allocation for food. Funded children are invited to attend our Lunch Club, or pay a voluntary contribution, please speak to staff for further details.
We offer morning, afternoon and full day sessions, which can be tailored to best suit your needs. Opening times are adapted to best suit the location and typical intake of each nursery, please see your desired nursery page for opening times and contact details.
Early Education Funding (15 hours)
From the term after your child turns 3 years old, they will be eligible for funded nursery sessions up to 15 hours per week for 38 weeks or 12 hours over 48 weeks. This is funded by the County Council and paid directly to the nursery. Please ask for further details.
30 Hours Funding
You may be entitled to a further 15 hours in addition to the above funding of you are a working parent. Please see Childcare Choices website for full details – www.childcarechoices.gov.uk
2 Year-old Funding
From the term after you child turns 2 years old, there is funding available to families who receive various benefits of tax credits. We can also refer children who have ant special or additional needs. We can offer 3 half days per week on this scheme. For more information see www.warwickshire.gov.uk/childcarecosts
Parents can open a childcare account with the Government. The Government will pay in £2 for every £8 that the parent pays in, this pot is then used to pay your fees. This system is slowly replacing childcare vouchers but offers similar tax benefits.
Please see Childcare Choices website for full details of how to apply – www.childcarechoices.gov.uk
If you are attending a college of university course, you may be able to obtain funding for childcare through them. Please ask at their Student Services department.
Tax Credits / Universal Credit
You may be entitled to financial support through the tax system. For further information call the Tax Credits Helpline on 0345 300 3900
We accept payments by BACS or bank transfer, debit/credit card, cash or cheque and are currently accepting nursery vouchers however these are being phased out and will be replaced by Tax-Free Childcare (see above).